Monday, March 5, 2012

can you spell p.u.k.e?

Let me start out by saying that I haven't blogged much in the past few months and the main reason was because my computer was SO slow.
Slower than cold tar.
It's annoying when it takes a web page 3 minutes to load and shockwave flash keeps crashing.
It's annoying when the computer freezes up because you opened one extra webpage.
So I was only getting on to check the coupon deal blogs and to try to watch a show on Hulu and that was tricky in itself and pretty slow and annoying too.

But now, I am HAPPY to report that my computer is lightning fast! Thanks to my good friend Jessica's husband, JD. I know my computer was a pain in the butt to work on but he did it for me and I REALLY appreciate it! I just had like 15 pages open at the same time in Google Chrome and the computer had NO problems!

THANKS JD!!

He said he would trade horse rides for his kids for working on it, but I would give them rides anyway :) I told Jessica I would take her and her kids down to Gardner Village one day and take pictures for her too.

Now that I'm past the whole "I'm back" speech, lol I want to tell you about a day of orange and the letters p, u, k, and e

Last October-
Well, let me back up a bit more...
last February 2011 Dan said he was going to put me in for the rifle deer hunt.
I thought he was joking.
He wasn't.
My letter came from the state saying I had drawn out.


The evening before opening day came in October 2011 and I scrambled to find myself and the kids orange to wear the next day. I was successful in my endeavor.
When it was time to go to sleep, it was really late and I was not feeling very good. I figured I would sleep off my "not feeling good."


I didn't. We got up at like 4:30, got everyone dressed and headed out. We were going hunting with my parents, my brother Shane and his wife Becky, and their kids. The whole time I'm telling Dan "I don't feel very good."
I try to sleep in the truck on the way there and I do get a little rest.
When we arrive, we do lots of driving.
And I do lots of trying to talk myself out of puking.
My talking doesn't work and I yell for Dan to "Pull over!"
and then I wretch my guts out on the side of the dirt road.
Little did I know this scene would keep replaying itself over the rest of the day.


We arrive at this beautiful place and everyone sets out some chairs to watch a hill and meadow for deer. I slouch in my chair, still trying to talk my self out of being sick. It doesn't work. I take this picture of my dad-
and then go puke behind the truck.


and then I take this picture of Haylee-
and puke.


and then this cute picture of Kasey-
and puke.
And I don't even see a deer in that meadow that I could shoot with my rifle or my camera.
So I decide to lay down in the truck until it is time to drive on to another spot.
Once we get going again, I sit in the passenger seat and lean my head on the passenger door window, close my eyes and listen to the kids chatter in the back seat. They are having a fabulous time.


When we came to this place, I actually laid down in the bed of the truck while everyone else enjoyed the beautiful fall colors and the kids played pretty quietly because they knew they were watching for deer. I just wanted my own bed, and my bed was hours away.

After a little while, I wake up in the bed of the truck and I think I am feeling a little better. My mom feeds me half a sandwich and a coke and I'm good for about 10 minutes. And then the nausea and dizziness come back and I'm puking my guts out behind the truck again. Yes, gross.
And then I take this cool picture where Shane was showing Fisher how to look through the scope.


This is my sister in law Becky with my brother. Becky was so good to me and brought me a napkin after my puking. I just kept telling everyone I was sorry, and my dad kept telling me he was sorry I was sick. Me too dad, me too, lol.


Looking back now, I am glad I had my camera to capture God's earth in all her fall beauty.
~Although my appreciation didn't come until after I was feeling better.


and that was two weeks later!
Dumb 2 week stomach flu!
And no...
I didn't even get a deer-

No comments: