Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I've been tagged. 25 random things about me.

I've been Tagged. 25 random things about me.


1. My favorite color is brick red
2. I hate mashed potatoes- but for some odd reason, I like the instant ones from KFC.
3. I'm lucky. I've always had horses in my backyard. I learned not to tell people about owning horses when I was younger though, because it sometimes ended up being the only reason why kids wanted to be friends with me.
4. I'm named after a song titled "Marcie" by the Four Seasons.
5. I've had the cops pull their guns on me. And, I was in my OWN driveway!
6. I threw up in my aunts small plane while she flew my mom and I over the Grand Canyon.
7. I got stiches on my face Christmas morning when I was in 3rd Grade.
8. I am musically challenged. I can't sing well or play a musical instrument.
9. I was never asked to go to one single dance during school. I did go to 12 or 13 dances but I asked the guys out all of them.
10. I can't stand to touch foam pads. You know, the ones you take camping and sleep on. It's like someone scratching their fingernails down a chalkboard to me.
11. I've shot a deer, a moose, an antelope and an elk.
12. I've been married for 11 years.
13. I love Cafe Rio salads.
14. When I was in 7th grade, my sisters and I were playing hide and go seek on the horses in what used to be the big field by my parents church. Little sis fell off the back and in the commotion, the horse stepped on her head. She had a visible horse shoe print on the side. Boy, was I in trouble...
15. In high school, I drove a car that had a softball sized hole in the floor of the back seat. Then I bought my orange colored 1970 chev pickup. Loved it. Never had to remember where I parked it because it was easy to find. If I could fit my kids in it, I would totally still drive it.
16. I was high point woman for District 3 in the Utah State Western Riding Clubs Association in '96. I was also 4th place woman overall that year for the whole state.
17. I used to be a religious diet coke drinker until last September. Since then, I have had no pop at all.
18. I once took an electrical engineering class at SLCC. I was the only girl. I ended up going on a date with a non member from that class. I later saw him getting married in the Salt Lake Temple the same day as my sister Lisa.
19. Dan DJ'd a party for the cast and crew of the movie "Galaxy Quest". I met Tim Allen at that party. He was a total jerk.
20. I took 3,308 pictures last year. Yep, I'm a picture freak.
21. I met my hubby at the Bay. We were engaged just over 3 weeks later.
22. I'm a night owl.
23. I used to scrabook all the time, now I blog everything instead.
24. I love love love my DVR.
25. My husband can always make me laugh, even if I'm not in a laughing mood. I really love him!

Okay, I tag Heather Jo, Lisa, Claire, & Cara

6 comments:

Ann Marie said...

Yay!
I got tagged of FB too, but did it on my blog instead.. I'm more of a blogging girl.

Love your cute photo..
#11- My husband would be proud.
#13- I hear they are the best from EVERYONE but have yet to try one!
#14- I have a funny horse story that I may post one day.. But it has made me scared of horses. I wish I wasn't..
#15- We had a 1975 big old red chevy that my husband ADORED. A lady hit him and it was totaled. Probably one of the biggest sacrifices my husband has made in this life. He loves old Chevy's. We are not a ford family. :)
#22- Twinners!
#23- Again.. Twinners..
#24- Ok. Last time! Twinners!

It was fun to get to know you better..

heysparkles said...

Incredible....I was amazed at how you came up with all of these...I love them. Each is a story of its own....I am going to think of some for me...LOL if this old mind can remember back far enough for 25...LOL These made a good memory for me and some made me laugh out loud...thanks for the "funny" today....love ya

heysparkles said...

OK I may be a little slow as to when you put the new pet pictures down the side...they are nice!

Lisa said...

Looks fun!! I will have to do this!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you invited me to see your blog. You are an avid blogger!

I want you to know your #3 does not apply to me. :) I have always loved just being in your happy, funny company.

3 Men & a Lady said...

Wow- that was so fun to read! I too LOVE Cafe Rio salads and you already know we're on the same page with photography! I think the foam pad thing is hilarious! I'm like that with clean glasses right out of the dishwasher. That's awesome that you and Dan met at the Bay... must be lots of love in the air because Cara and Luke met there too! Thanks so much for your sweet comments on my blogs! I love feedback on my photography. And yes, it was Katie Vraines in the picture. Funny that you know her! She and I used to be in the same ward and work together in YW (she's still the Pres.) and I LOVE that girl! She is one of a kind!