Sunday, July 26, 2009

Pole Position

My kids love to visit my parents house. "Grandma Karen" and "Papa Tex" have some fun things that keep the kids entertained. One of those things is this:

Remember this game!?! My brother Troy picked this up at DI years ago for about $40. It now has a home on my parents back porch and the kids love it!

All you have to do is switch it on in the back, open the front door to add a few games and you're ready to go! There is a heavy spool of wire that we set on the gas pedal so all the kids have to do is steer.

"PREPARE TO QUALIFY"

That's what that woman's voice says right before you start to race. And then if you actually do qualify, she tells you "GOOD DRIVING". (Even if you've just squeaked into the last at 8th spot. I guess she's not biased, lol!)

Fisher is a crazy driver. 90% the time he is looking at you instead of the screen so I can't believe he's actually looking forward in this picture. Obviously, he's just previously been driving his racecar off the road though, hence Hunter's hands over the side of his face- lol.

Wow, he's actually still on the road and actualy still looking at the screen!

Yay!! Fisher is clapping because he came in 80 something place!

giggle.snort.smile.

This is something...

I'm sure my kids...

Will always remember doing...

At Grandma and Papa's house-

2 comments:

heysparkles said...

Now this is a great blog page!!! I love it! Those kids .... all of them, want to go out and play the car game! You can always hear that lady say..."Prepare to Qualify" LOL Then the count down beeps....I am sure the neighbors are wondering what is going on with that, all the time....LOLI love the grandkids coming, I am very happy when they find something to play with at my house. Carly is stuck on Nig JR. (She can't say the "c" very good yet! ) Thanks for the cute, fun smile this morning.

jakeslittlelady said...

that game was driving it self late night when me and the kids were there. the game take 8th plase with no one there. we all laught. kasey turn the game off.