Monday, March 3, 2008

Numb

Saturday night, I didn’t sleep well. I could tell the moment I woke up yesterday that it was already affecting me. After church, I had a little headache and laid down to try to sleep it off. When I awoke, it was worse but I didn’t take any Excedrine Migraine. We went to my mom’s and the headache got even worse. Still, I didn’t take any medicine. Finally at 1:30 am I couldn’t take it anymore and finally took one. I actually rested pretty well after that and woke up at 7:30 feeling pretty good. Around 11:30 or so, I started to notice I felt like I was talking with a lisp. I was having to concentrate really hard just to talk and get the words pronounced correctly and out of my mouth. I was even talking at myself in the mirror to see if my face looked weird. At that point, I realized the whole left side of my face was numb like I had been to the dentist and was almost un-numb and I was feeling really foggy and confused It really started to scare me. I called the doctors office at 1:40 and they got me in at 2:00. I drove there and called Dan and told him something was wrong with me. He later told me the way I acted on the phone scared him. I was loopy and out of it. They did all sorts of physical tests on me, had me follow his finger with my eyes, and strength tests to see if one side was weaker than the other. They felt it was all from having a migraine headache. They want me to go in for an MRI sometime and a heart scan to make sure everything is okay. I don’t like feeling this way. My husband and children need me. Even now, at 9:37 pm, I am still numb and a little worried. I don’t know how long this should last.

No comments: