Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Sigh... Oh Boy, Here it comes... The Three D's


On the way home from school last Friday I hear from the back seat...
H: "Mom, do you have any more of those coupons from Bath and Body Works for the Halloween Soaps?"
M: "Sorry Bud, I used those this morning to get two of the Jack-O-Lantern Soaps."
H: "Oh... Dang.Darn.Damn."
Had my ears deceived me? Did I just hear my son say DAMN?
I asked him to repeat himself
H: "I said, Dang.Darn.Damn!"
Oh boy... My ears had heard him perfectly the first time...
How do you handle that one? And where on earth did he come up with the phrase? (...slight chuckle...) I'm not denying ever saying those words... on the contrary, I've said Dang, Darn, (and yes, unfortunately "Damn" too...) but never in my life, have I ever put them into a three word combination like that. No clue where he came up with that one. And then, of course, Carly realizes I am making an issue of it, giggles and begins to say it over and over in the car. The only way I could get her to stop with that exact phrase was to tell her she was saying it wrong. (Thanks Cammy, for that technique. I remember you telling Travis he was saying "sh--" wrong, that it was actually "shoot".) I told her it was "dang.darn.dan." Or, "dang.darn.daddy."
The three D's...
-Sigh-
The phrase actually does sound kinda catchy, doesn't it...
...Maybe I'll just have to shorten it to "Triple D"

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Where could they possibly learn these things....:)

Better than the F dash dash dash word like Ralphie!!

Heather said...

Blame it on the 4th D, DAN!