Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Christmas and Me

I just read Heather Jo's blog and she is right... I was a Christmas Junkie growing up. I used to play Christmas Music as early as August and definitely by October. I was called crazy and I'm absolutely sure people rolled their eyes at me, but I didn't care. I loved Christmas. When I was really little, it was a Chipmunks Christmas Record that I would play over and over downstairs. I even remember playing "Christmas" and hanging the stockings up in the basement in the middle of summer and taking turns playing Santa to fill them. My mom was always way cool about it. She didn't care that we got into the holiday stuff as long as it got put back after. I would watch every Christmas movie I could get my hands on. Especially "A Christmas Story". It's funny how my view and understanding of the movie has changed since then. I always felt sorry for Ralphie when I was little... I thought his Christmas Theme deserved more than a C+ and I thought his teacher was just mean. Ha- Now it's just funny. I think part of the reason I liked to watch it was that I loved watching my dad watch it. He would laugh and laugh and laugh and if it was funny to my dad, it became hilarious to me. When I was little, I loved waking up every day before everyone else (and I'm NOT a morning person) and would turn the Christmas Tree lights on and just sit there and take it all in. Somewhere through the years, a lot of my childhood tendencies have changed. I still love Christmas, but when you're the mom, it's alot more work. I'm enjoying it this year though. My goal was to have everything wrapped by Thanksgiving weekend and somehow, it actually happened. Now, I'm just trying to dig the house out so we can enjoy the next 3 weeks peacefully and remember our Saviors Birth. So, I've picked a few songs to share. #1 Oh Holy Night is my all time favorite Christmas Song. It's soft and powerful at the same time and always seems to draw the spirit near me. I hope you enjoy listening. Have a great day.
By the way Lisa, instead of presents, I too would like Santa to bring me a MAID or CLEANING ELF for Christmas. Ha!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

You are a still a Christmas Junkie..it is your signature!! I loved waking up on Christmas Day and laying in the living room just loving all the presents and the perfectly wrapped ones from Santa (Aunt Sandy Santa) it was such a fun holiday and our parents did such a great job making it a fun and exciting time of year. I too am trying to dig out my house so I can relax and enjoy this season! I hope we both get a MAID or a cleaning elf, but sadly we both know we need to just get in the cleaning mood ourselves and say the Maid or the Elf came and our kids would believe it!! :)

Love Christmas Story...I also love Home Alone, I think it is my all time favorite show.

heysparkles said...

Yep I think you love Christmas all year around...I remember you playing the music in NoOvember but I guess I had forgotten about the Christmas in July stuff!!! LOL I just let you girls run wild didn't I ?

Unknown said...

Wow. . . Presents all wrapped. How would that be? lol Good job on that goal. My hope is to have things all wrapped before Christmas Eve! :)