Santa! I put the kids back in the car, went home and snagged my camera and came back. There were only 3 kids ahead of us so we didn't have to wait long. Carly was not shy or scared at all. She practically lept into his lap to tell him what she wanted. A "Dora the Explorer Game" & "Pixels" Which I told her Santa probably wouldn't bring, much to her dismay, because there are too many small pieces that Fisher can choke on (and that I would have to clean up all the time...) See those letters Santa is holding? Those are letters that Hunter and Carly wrote to Santa last week that we hadn't "mailed" yet. So it was a good time for that as well.
Hunter is so grown up now that it surprised me that he was a bit shy. He asked Santa for a "Rocket Fishing Rod". It's a fishing pole that also looks like a play gun. When you pull the trigger, it launches your line and hook out into the water. He's been talking about asking him for one since July so I think Santa is all set.
I knew Fisher wouldn't be happy at all so Santa asked me to stand next to him. I had Hunter take a picture and this is what we got. Not too bad for a 7 year old photographer. I told Santa that Fisher didn't care what he got for Christmas this year :) I contemplated naming this picture "Merry Chestmas", but I won't because that would make my mom laugh... laugh so hard she just might start crying and pee her pants. You see, there's this inside joke about my sisters and I that involved the infamous Jerry King (Who just so happens to look exactly like Yosemite Sam on Bugs Bunny) and our maiden name, "Christiansen" We all came riding up to him on our horses at a horse show and he said "Here come the Chestiansens." And then while making cupping gestures with his hands he said "I've really seen you grow up." Yes, he's very much a dirty old man. But for some reason, Jerry could get away with that kind of stuff and we would just laugh it off. That, and the fact that it was true.
So after that piece of history in my life, I raise my water glass and say "Here's to hoping you don't think I'm too bad, too gross or too inappropriate and that you'll continue to visit my blog and read about our crazy life..."
But c'mon, really, it's funny. And, I can hardly wait for that phone call I know I'll get from my mom and the conversation and laughter that will follow. May you all have a Merry Chestmas... No wait, I mean Merry Christmas!

1 comment:
Cute pictures!! Yes Merry Chestmas to all of us girls!! Too funny!
Post a Comment