Tuesday, January 8, 2008

I wuv you mom


It's 10:45 last night and I am finally trying to have some down time before I crawl into bed. Carly's been in and out of her room all evening "Mom, I need a dwink. Mom, I need to go potty. Mom, I sick in my woom... etc etc etc" You know how it is, whatever she can do to get out of going to sleep. So she comes in "Mom guess what" (I sigh) and she goes on "Mom guess what, mom guess what, mom guess what!?!" By this time, I'm am ready to pull my hair out, swoop her up and stomp off to her room to put her to bed. Finally, I answer "What Carly!?!" Her answer "I wuv you mom". Be still my heart. That'll put a grumpy mommy in her place. I swooped her up and gave her the biggest hug I could and told her "I love you too." And then, of course, being a pushover from all the mushiness, I let her get her pillow and blanket from her bed and lay on the floor. Boy, am I getting soft. She was asleep in 2 minutes flat and I transferred her to her bed.

No comments: