We have been making an effort to have weekly Family Home Evening and daily Family Prayer. And I have been trying to do a (very short) devotional with the kids every day. We say prayer then they pick out a random scripture and then they pick a story from the Friend, Scripture Stories Book or Gospel Art Picture kit. We read it and talk about it and I am here to testify what a blessing it has been in our home. On those days, I have felt a difference in our home. We're happier and have a lot more moments like the one pictured above. It has blessed us as well with Dan's work. The kids pray daily that he'll find people who need to buy and sell houses and I know he has been blessed because of our prayers and simple obedience to God. I thank Heavenly Father everyday for the opportunity I have to be in this little family of mine.
Saturday, July 26, 2008
Doing a little helps a lot
We have been making an effort to have weekly Family Home Evening and daily Family Prayer. And I have been trying to do a (very short) devotional with the kids every day. We say prayer then they pick out a random scripture and then they pick a story from the Friend, Scripture Stories Book or Gospel Art Picture kit. We read it and talk about it and I am here to testify what a blessing it has been in our home. On those days, I have felt a difference in our home. We're happier and have a lot more moments like the one pictured above. It has blessed us as well with Dan's work. The kids pray daily that he'll find people who need to buy and sell houses and I know he has been blessed because of our prayers and simple obedience to God. I thank Heavenly Father everyday for the opportunity I have to be in this little family of mine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I've been trying to do a little devotional too ... after you suggested it . . . and it seems to be helping on the days that I do it. I also think going to the temple makes a huge difference.
Post a Comment