A few months ago, my mom was searching high and low for a new horse for herself. Her and my dad had gone to look at one and when he found out it was an apaloosa, he wouldn't even get out of the car. He has a "No apaloosa" rule at his house and I don't blame him. They're not pretty... ever. No exceptions. And they're usually "total dingbats" as my dad would put it. A short time later, she came upon a "Registered Horse" on ksl.com. It was reasonably priced, but had no picture. We both assumed "registered" meant Quarter horse. She called and was told it was a good horse, blah, blah, blah... and her and I made plans to go and see it. In the meantime, my dad called on it and found out it was an apaloosa. That was the joke of the century. We couldn't win. The joke turned into telling her she might as well buy a mule... Even better, an apaloosa mule. Now if you know us, this would never actually happen in the real Christiansen world. And, you would also know that the joke wouldn't die easily. So, on our way to St. George, we saw this beauty along the freeway in an open field and just had to stop.
An actual apaloosa colored mule! We snapped a couple photos for her. I called to let her know we had found her a "new horse".
She died laughing when she saw them.
I am happy to say she is currently the proud owner of a Bay Quarter Horse named "Windy" aka "Boogada"
...She's not an apaloosa mule...
1 comment:
wow that is a beauty isn't it ?... I must say they are not my favorite breed of horse...thanks for the good laugh...grandma sparkles
Post a Comment