Dan. Carly & Hunter on Cookie. Travis on 25 year old Splash. Grandma Karen gave Splash to Travis this year. He's done great on her. She's helped boost his self confidence. In fact, he qualified to go to State competition in Vernal this year.
Sweet Brooke on Boozer. This girl can ride! She competes in 4-H exclusively on Boozer as her project horse. They compete in 3 judged events, 3 speed events and a written test at a June Show, July Show and then here at County Fair. She did awesome and qualified to compete at State in Vernal in a few weeks. They only take 4 kids from each age group so it's a huge accomplishment to qualify.
This is Annie. I can't take a picture when she's looking because she'll hide from me. I love her tremendously. She was my 4-H leader when I started back in 1984, 24 whole years ago. I love that she still runs the Corral Busters Club and is the leader for my kids and all my sisters kids. She's SO good with the little kids. Teaching them, laughing with them, and helping them gain confidence and excel. What a wonderful lady.
This is Dave, Annie's husband. He would probably hide from my camera too. I love that I have a good zoom lens. He too still teaches the 4-H kids and Brooke and Travis practice in his group. I have many memories of "Get your toes in!" "Put your heels down!" "Sit your butt in the saddle!" "WRONG LEAD!" and many, many memories of all the stories he has to tell. Dave's got a good heart. He just wants the kids to learn to ride well and have fun.
When it comes to horses, I'm grateful to have these two great people around.
No comments:
Post a Comment