Monday, February 9, 2009

Draper Temple Open House


We had the opportunity to go to the Draper Temple Open House about a week and a half ago. I was so excited to go. I remember going through the Jordan River open house when I was little and then to the Bountiful Temple open house when I was in high school. For my kids, this was a once in a lifetime opportunity and I was happy to share it with them. I was dreaming of a family picture in front of the temple but it was so windy, and blizzardly and the bus was hoppin' to take us back to the church, that this shot was all I got. Beautiful though, right?


Then I had to get a picture of the kids to prove that they were there :) Not sure what's up with Carly's nose...


And then I wanted a shot of Dan and I, but he was too busy taking an important work call that this picture...


...and this picture were the best I could get :)
By the way, Fisher LOVED the oxen holding up the baptisimal font and wanted to go and get them. He was jabbering to them the whole time he could see them. Oh, and the highlight of the whole tour for Hunter and Carly??
THE BUS RIDE!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Misty said...

What a fun experience for you & your family. We are going to try to go the the Oquirrh Mountain open house this summer. When we lived in California we were able to see them build the Newport Beach temple from the ground up - that was an awesome experience. The kids were too young to remember, but I have pictures of them standing in front of it. And those bus rides are pretty fun!

Lisa said...

What a great experience for your kids!! I remember going to the Bountiful one when we were kids and there was about 3 feet of snow and it was snowing. I still remember how neat it was!! That is great!

Ann Marie said...

Yay! I remember the Jordan River open house also...

We are going thursday afternoon!
I can't wait! ~ Cute pictures!