Wednesday, February 25, 2009

It was "A walk in the park"

I've written about how much I've grown to love Winter this year. The beautiful white snow covers everything and like I said before, "In Winter, ALL yards are created equal"... Even Mine! You see, getting to the point of loving Winter is a really recent thing for me.

One thing that I have Always.Absolutely.Loved. is SPRING. I know we're still in for some storms and I know it could even snow in June. After all, we DO live in Utah. Not only do we have the Best Snow On Earth, but we have the craziest weather as well.


But when the snow starts to melt and the brown grass starts to show and the sun shines warm rays on me I get ancy.


Ancy to go outside and feel the warm sunshine on my arms and enjoy the chilly wind on my face. Anyone who really knows me, can validate that I turn the AC on in the dead of winter in the car, just to feel it on my face.


I get ancy to get the double jogger stroller out. But really, mine's actually a double walker. I Love to Walk.

So last Satuday, "Get out the stroller" I did. I plopped Fisher in one side, Hunter rode his bike and carly "rode" her scooter... Actually she carried it most of the way as she walked.

And we ended up at the park that's in the neighborhood across the street from us.

The same moment they took off their helmets and ran for the swings, was the exact same moment some little kid puked all over one of the climbing toys. His dad took off the kid's coat, wiped his face, and sent him over to the slide.

My kids had been looking forward to being at the Park, so we stayed clear of the puke toy and the slide and kept our distance over at this climbing thingamajigger toy...


The tire swing...


And of course the regular swings.


And do you know what?


We enjoyed our afternoon at Puke Park.

Every...

Single...


Minute.

...And then we used up a whole bottle of Hand Sanitizer on the way home. Crazy paranoid mother. Being at Puke Park will do that to you, you know...

Oh, and Carly rode in the stroller on the way home and her princess scooter rode on top of the sunshade. Seems carrying your scooter ain't all it's cracked up to be...

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute Pictures!!

heysparkles said...

Whewww that looked fun...I was noticing how often Carly wears that dress...She loves that dress...I bet you have alot of places she has been in that dress...Including the park! Fun times...Fisher and Hunter looked cute in the swing picture...Oh and in my mind I was thinking get out the handi wipes....You actually was better than that! Good story.

Misty said...

I feel they same about spring - I just love everything about it. And my kids finally feel free again to be outside. I would do the same as you with the hand sanitizer - what was that dad thinking? Letting his sick kid play all over the toys?

marcie said...

Cammy- Thanks!

Mom- She DOES love that dress! I told her she had to put on pants so no one would see her underwear. I figured she'd put on pants AND A SHIRT, but she didn't. Pants and a dress it is!

Misty- I don't know what he was thinking. It's actually kinda funny when you think about it. Such a dad thing to do :)

Heather said...

Very Cute! The photos are awesome and the memories made are even more impressive.

Lisa said...

I am loving the weather too!! I can't wait for SPRING to be here oficially. Looks like it was a fun day!! Cute pictures.

Claire Evenson said...

How fun! I really enjoyed our walk the other day and getting out of the house! Thanks for stoping by. We should do it again! BRING ON THE SPRING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Julia Callahan said...

I love puke park and the hand sanitizer!! I am particularly anxious when it comes to thinking I need to take my kids to a park--out of the house for any reason for that matter. I know I am a hermit and it's bad for my kids to not get outside time or experience social life outside of home, family and church, but I never have a desire to take them---so playgroup in the summer helps that problem. I go every week, for them, not me. You're a great mom...I prefer my backyard.

Ann Marie said...

I loved this post...
Darling pictures of your kids.
Being the germaphobe that I am.. My kids don't do playlands and stuff much for this reason! If they go.. I hand sanatize them to death.

When my Tenney was little, we were at Artic Circle and a kid threw up and we went and told the AC crew.. They didn't clean it up! After 10 minutes I was out of there...

Gross. Maybe the Dad was tired of dealing with it at home so he decided why not the park?