Friday, June 26, 2009

May Mini Riders Show

So I am finally done editing the rest of the May Mini Riders Show pictures. I was going to pick a few to post, but decided what the heck and posted all of them because with them all together, they tell the story of that day...

Hunter getting ready to go into his "Showmanship at Halter" class

Carly in her halter class.

She's in the assisted group so I was out there helping her.

Weston

Hunter in Western Horsemanship

Makayla in Western Horsemanship

"Hi Makayla!"

Jackson

Our good friend, Emily.

This is their group lining up in front of the judge. It's supposed to be a straight line. We called this one "circle the wagons!" Too funny. Little kids are so great!

Makayla backing her horse up and...

She gets a blue!

Hunter backing his horse up and...

He gets a blue too!

Carly and Dan

Hunter doing Speed Barrels

Speed Barrels

Speed Barrels

Speed Barrels

Take her home Hunter!

Hunter doing Poles

Poles.

Poles.

Hunter Barrels

Barrels

Barrels

This was Carly coming out of Speed Barrels. I've been trying like mad to get the video uploaded and it keeps having an error. So I guess I'll have to do a little explaining for those of you who weren't there.

Yes, she's crying... I mean really, really crying. Dan took her in for speed barrels and was running along side the horse. See where her reins are? Well that's where they were the entire time. Dan let go, figuring Carly had the reins and also figuring Cookie would follow him while he ran. Dan weaved between barrels. Carly and Cookie didn't and that's where all the problems started. Cookie continued to trot faster and faster and then she was running. Not just a slow lope... running! Yes, we had a total runaway. She ran all the way down to the other side of the arena and back down the the side opposite of Dan. Carly was holding onto the horn and screaming at the top of her lungs. I just knew she was going to hit the dirt and that it would be a terrible fall. My knuckles were white as I held the camera, watching helplessly. I knew Dan was down there and would do what he could to help her. To my complete surprise, she held on and the horse was stopped at the gate by my sister, Lisa. Who, by the way, didn't even know it was Carly on the runaway until she pulled her off the horse. Carly was crying uncontrollably now and Dan threw her back on the horse and walked her through the event. We all told her what a good Cowgirl she was. I'm saying she had Celestial Glue on her butt that day, because the only reason she didn't fall off was because God was watching out for her.

So, that's why she's so sad in these pictures.

After the runaway, Carly did not want to go out and do poles.

Dan promised her he'd stay by her the entire time.

She still wasn't happy, but she did it.

And I was proud of her.

And very thankful that we were being watched over!

1 comment:

heysparkles said...

wow Your story with pictures was great...I loved how you did each event...and what happened...Cookie is so pretty in her halter classes...yes Carly had a big smile before speed, didn't she...your story was perfect and right on...her sad face broke my heart...I am so glad that you put velcro on her butt! LOL Neat day!