Thursday, June 11, 2009

Red.... Mmmmmm.

Okay, so I know I haven't blogged pictures of the kids horse show yet. But that's because I got a new toy from my cousin for taking pictures of her doggy daycare. "What's my new toy?" you ask. Something I've been wanting for a very long time. Something that's right up my alley because I LOVE taking pictures!
My new toy is..............


Photoshop Elements 7!
Now that may not sound very exciting to you, but it is to me.
But since I've never actually used Photoshop Elements before, I'm feeling a little overwhelmed with it. And I only got the just under $100 version. I can't imagine how overwhelmed I'd feel with Lightroom or CS4 that are packed with information and cost 7 times that.
-But just because I'm feeling overwhelmed, it doesn't mean I don't love it-
Because I know what can be done in it. I've seen some amazing pictures. So here's some SOOC (Straight out of the camera) shots and then the "after photoshop elements" shot. Oh, and don't judge me too harshly... I'm totally a beginner:

Fisher had a cupcake chock full of red frosting at Lexi's Birthday Party. Looks SO good to eat, doesn't it? I love that the second photo has that "color pop" to it.
_
No clue how that black speck got above his head. I must have drawn on there without even knowing it! Ha ha. Oh well.
_
And the final photo. I love his cheese face. This is a common look around our house.
So, how do you like my first venture in Photoshop Elements? I've definitely got a lot to learn but I'm getting there. Oh, and I've discovered free actions that I can download from the internet and run on my photos. The only downfall is I can't run an action on a whole batch of pictures, I have to run it on one photo at a time. Now that would have been a nice reason to have the more expensive Adobe Photoshop CS4 version, but since I don't have $669, and I'm not a 'professional photographer', I'm going to be okay with what I've got.

5 comments:

heysparkles said...

That is the cutest little boy with a red face I have ever seen!!! Great pictures.....love it!

3 Men & a Lady said...

Hey you! I haven't checked in on you in FOREVER! First of all, we go through photoobucket to upload pics on our blogs. Lindsay Jane set it up, so unfortunately, I don't know much more than that! But I can totally talk you through how I do it sometime if you want. :) I LOVE the pics you took of your little girl in her dance attire! DARLING! Also, the pics from this post are priceless! I'm sure you'll have lots of fun with your new software. I was lucky enough to get CS4, but still have a lot of figuring out to do! Hope you are doing well. :)

Lisa said...

Sounds like fun!! Good luck!

Claire Evenson said...

They look amazing! You're so talented* You have the cutest kids. It was fun seeing you today :)

Julia Callahan said...

The pictures look so great! I didn't know that program's like that existed. Beautiful color. I bet your kids love doing horse stuff, and I bet you love that they love it.
And I'm like you also. I don't like to post until I have pictures to my thoughts and won't post until my thoughts are put together, so I'm behind by a month....better hurry, huh?! But we are mom's and it's summer!!