The Puppies turned 6 weeks old today. Aren't they cute? If you'll remember, Benelli had 5 of them on Labor Day. 3 males and 2 females.
I put an ad on ksl.com over the weekend to sell them for $25 each. It came as no surprise to me when my dad told me I was dreaming. He said we'd be lucky to give them away. You have to know my dad to know how funny this conversation was to me. Well dad, as of 9:15 pm, I am happy to tell you that we are puppy-less. They are all SOLD! One Sunday night and four today, Monday night. { And yes dad, it was for $25 each :o) } We told the kids we'd take them somewhere fun with the money.
This little girl went very first. She was Carly's favorite. In fact, I caught Carly playing with her one day in the kennel when she didn't know I was watching. She picked her up like a rag doll and danced all over with her, moving the puppy's front legs to the beat of some jivy tune only she could hear. This went on for a few minutes until she took her over to the dog feeder, opened the lid and put her inside and slammed the lid back down. The puppy was quiet for a moment, possibly thinking she was taking part in a game of hide and seek, or perhaps, tremendously relieved to be done with all the dancing. I continued to watch Carly's antics, putting a hand over my mouth to hold back my laughter. The other puppies had their opportunity to dance with Carly, and only when the first little puppy began to whine incessantly, did she put the other puppies back and get her out of the feeder. She then danced her across the kennel and put her on top of the dog house and chatted with her for a while. I was afraid the puppy my try to bail, so it was then that I interrupted Carly's party. It was a great party.
If I had this many babies, doing this to me, I'd fall asleep standing up too.
I'm sure Benelli will have a VERY quiet night.
3 comments:
I can hear him saying just that "You will be lucky to GIVE them away..." LOL Good job Marc...Oh, and Benilli was a great MOM...she is practing up for the real thing...
That is fun that you're puppyless!! These are cute and I love the Carly story, aren't kids funny!!
What do you mean if you had 5 all at once. I can fall asleep in an upright position and just have one @ a time! I think with each child it gets easier and easier! I'm glad you sold them and get to go do something fun with the kids.
Post a Comment