Wednesday, October 15, 2008

What a Surprise!

Last week, Shellie called me and said she had tickets to an event on Tuesday, October 14th (which was last night), and would I like to go and bring a friend? Very excited and curious, I agreed to go. She invited my mom and sisters. Mom and I talked about all the possible things it could be... a concert? a trip to a haunted house? a movie? a corn maze? We had absolutely no idea. There were 10 of us and we met at Cafe Rio, which was a treat in itself, to eat dinner with no interrruptions :) Then we piled into my Yukon and Shellie's Dodge pickup and headed to the freeway. She went North and we followed her. We still had no clue where we would end up and laughed at all the possiblities. We ended up at the SLCC Grand Theater. At this time, we figured it was a play but no clue as to which one. We rounded the corner and to my surprise, there stood Michael McLean! Tears filled my eyes and I pulled Shellie into a great big hug and thanked her. I was KICKING myself for not grabbing my camera. Shellie's friend had her new cell phone with a camera on it and although it's not as good a picture as it could have been, had I had my good camera, it was totally better than nothing. Shellie's father in law is in a group called the "Temple Riders" and Michael McLean had offered to let them have a private showing of the play, "The Ark" that he helped write and produce, before it opened to the public. It was absolutely wonderful. The whole auditorium was the ark and the audience were the animals. We laughed, we cried, we had an awesome night. "THANK YOU SHELLIE!" For a wonderful surprise!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Lisa said...

It was a great night!!

Unknown said...

Wow, How exciting!! I have seen him at a fireside, and he is great, but I am sure that this was much better!!

Jen Smart said...

How fun! It is so nice to have a break from the kids and to experience something so uplifting. Sounds like a great evening.